Saturday, March 17, 2012

Recent Happenings

It's a Saturday night and Willie is studying (can't wait until he graduates!), and I am all alone with a redbox. So, I thought I would fill you in on what we've been up to.

Valentines Day:

I didn't take any pictures...sad. But it was really nice and a little funny! I had a fun day at school giving out and getting Valentines (as I mentioned in my previous post...it's so fun working at a school during holidays!) I got home from work and Willie had left me flowers and chocolate covered strawberries on the table with a really sweet note. He had class until 6:45 p.m. so, I rushed around after work trying to locate his present (the movie The Prestige) since I had spent my time the past couple days making Valentines for the kids at school, then put our name down at the Olive Garden and went to get him. They give you a little beeper thing to let you know when your table is ready, and it sings to you the whole time you are out of range of their restaurant. So that was fun. Anyway, we got there and had a bit of a wait, so we exchanged presents. Willie got me a book on Nevada, which was so cute! I have been researching fun things for us to do once we move, so it was perfect. We read the book while we waited, and then were seated.

This is the little funny part. The hostess said that they had a big table available, and asked if we would be willing to sit there with another couple and they would put up a divider in the middle. We had been waiting a long time, so we said sure. We got there and it was in a private room a step up and away from the other tables in the restaurant(if that makes sense...). The divider was a couple of menus propped up in the middle of the table. We sat down and talked about how awkward it would be when the other couple arrived. They would be just a few seats down from us at the same table in this private room. Our waiter came and while we were ordering I saw the other couple come out of the corner of my eye. We finished ordering and they were gone. Willie was facing the entrance, so he could see what happened. He told me they said it was too awkward and left. So, we got a humongous table in our own private area! The hostess must have realized it was too weird because they didn't bring any other couples by.

After our dinner we went back home and watched The Prestige. It was a perfect Valentines Day!

Next event: Willie's Dodge ball team wins the Intermural Championship!



The winning team



Celebration at Sonic after

Willie fulfilled his college dream and won an Intermural championship! I went to some of his games, and they were intense! Really fun to watch. They were fast-paced and easy to follow (a plus for me). They were beat really quickly their first game of the season because they didn't know any of the official dodge ball rules, but learned quickly and ended up winning the whole tournament! Willie was super proud of his Intermural Champion T-shirt he got. We had it hanging up in our apartment for a good week.

Last event: Vegas and St. George trip

The boys in Willie's family have a tradition of going to Vegas to watch the basketball tournament every year. They love it. And, so do I because for the past two years Kelli and I have gone to St. George to spend time with Jamie while the boys are gone! We had a lot of fun this year. We watched tons of good girl TV and movies, ate some yummy food, and enjoyed the nice weather when we went to watch Kenny's girlfriend's soccer game at Dixie. Here are a couple of pictures from the trip:



We went to Taco Bell before the soccer game



Unintentional matching outfits at church on Sunday

We had a great time. I also couldn't stop thinking about how next year in the winter it will be nice and warm where we are like it was in St. George! I am super excited for that :)

I never know how to end my blog posts...does anyone else have that problem? Anyway, that is all!

2 comments:

Jenna said...

So fun! Love reading your updates! :)

Megan Hatch said...

That is hilarious about Valentine's Day! And you guys are so fun! I just love you! :)