Sunday, September 2, 2012

Update!!

This month has been probably the craziest month I have had since the month before I got married. Some highlights include: my car breaking down and needing numerous repairs, our apartment flooding, work being super busy (it is my first month on my own!), and giving a talk and teaching my first Young Women's lesson on the same Sunday!  Maybe speaking and teaching are not big deals for some people, but I am not one of them.  I get anxious!  It all worked out ok though, and I concluded that maybe this is how life is supposed to be.  We're probably not meant to spend our nights watching Netflix for hours.  I know life is only going to get crazier the older we get, and it was kind of good to see that we could survive and get all we needed to done, and actually be pretty happy doing it.  We've also had tons of visitors this month, which has been so fun.  So, amid all of the craziness, we have gotten to spend lots of time with people we love all month, and it has been good :)

Here is some of the fun stuff we were able to do:

Willie got a "Splash Into Summer" pass from work with some discounted and free passes to attractions.  We went and rode the NY NY rollercoaster with it.  I kind of expected it to be like a kiddie rollercoaster...not so.  It was so scary, and I kept thinking "I am too old for this!" as we were riding it.  Which is kind of sad haha.  But in the past few years I just can not handle rides like I used to be able to!    


We went to the Shark Reef Aquarium with our friends from the ward who have a little boy who just loves sharks.  It was pretty cute to see how excited he was.  There is a part where you go in this tunnel and the sharks are swimming all around you.  It was fun!  




Willie's family came into town for a good family friend, Marc Stone's, wedding.  It was so fun to see all of them, and the wedding was beautiful!

 Willie and I at the luncheon

 The fam at the reception with Marc and Alycia

 Willie's mom treated us all to some delicious dessert at Serendipity

The desserts were SO good! 

My mom was in town (at her house in Mesquite) for a couple of weeks.  It was so fun to have her nearby!  While she was here, she took us to see Aladdin at the Tuachan in St. George.  We love the Tuachan, and had a great time.  The play was different than the movie, but so good!     



Loved it!  

Willie gave blood at work and got us free tickets to Recycled Percussion!  It was so much fun, and far exceeded my expectations (especially considering I originally thought he was getting us tickets to a recycling plant...I was super confused about why he wanted to donate blood to get them haha).  Recycled Percussion was on America's Got Talent.  They use all different materials and tools to make music.  


 It is a really interactive show, and when you walk in you get a drumstick and an "instrument" of choice.  You can applaud with them, and they have you play along sometimes, too.  It kind of turned everyone into 2 years olds just banging like crazy on their instruments.  The guy next to Willie was a little slow on following, too.  There would be parts where you are supposed to be quiet when the performers are playing, and we would hear the guy next to Willie banging away.  It was pretty funny.  Our tickets expired the end of August, and we almost didn't go.  I am so glad we did, though!


We also used Willie's splash into summer pass to get into the Adventuredome at the Circus Circus.  We went with our new friends the Longhurts, and had a great time!  


We rode some rides and did laser tag.  My first time ever!  Before we went in, I was saying I hoped I wouldn't end up in last place.  It was fun playing, then when I looked at my final score I got...ZERO!!!  How is that even possible?  Willie tells me it must have been a computer error.  I know I heard the machine say I got hits when I was playing, so I am hoping he is right!  


Willie's sister Marcie and her family came into town, but no pictures :(  It was so good to see them, and we had so much fun with them!!   We also had our friends Charlotte and Chayse and Josh and Megan each in town for a night.  We had a great time with all of them!  It was so fun to catch up with them both.  We have loved having so many family members and friends here this month, and will miss them all! 

2 comments:

Mindy said...

I cannot stop laughing out loud at the guy sitting next to Willie banging his instrument at the wrong time. Hilarious!!!! I so wish I could've been there for that. I really can't stop laughing.

You guys have been so busy! It all seems like such fun stuff, though. You live in such a good place for that! I hope we get to visit you soon!

Marcie said...

That sounds like it would take at least 6 months to squeeze in all of the stuff you guys did! Thanks for letting us be a part of it! I will have to send you some pictures or you can steal some from my blog. (well, it might be awhile. hehehe)