Sunday, July 25, 2010

This Week...

I was going to post about our wedding today, but I got overwhelmed trying to pick just a few pictures to put up, and the uploader deleted all of the pictures I had selected. So, I ended up abandoning that post and putting pictures on facebook instead. Maybe I will do a wedding post some other time. I decided instead to post about some of our current likes and things we've been doing this week. This week has been pretty relaxing, and it's been great! We've been watching a lot of these two shows:
(Man, Woman, Wild on the Discovery Channel)

I've been wanting to find a TV show for us to watch together forever, and it's finally happened! We have two!! These past couple weeks I discovered that I love Glee. I finally got Willie to watch it with me, and it's been a hit (meaning that he will watch it with me and somewhat enjoy it). We watched Without A Trace the other night, which is a crime/FBI show that I like, and Willie said he prefers Glee to that! I am thrilled.


The other show, Man, Woman, Wild, is a survival show on the Discovery Channel. Normally I'm not a huge fan of those, but this one is about a guy and his wife trying to survive, and it's very entertaining. They put themselves in pretend situations where they are stranded in the wilderness (so far the Amazon and Africa) and show what they would do. It's so fun to have two shows we both enjoy watching together.

We've also been eating a lot of these:

Or really, I should be more specific...I have been eating a lot of these and Willie has been coming with me to get them. There is a snow cone shack down the road from Willie's parents' house, and it is sooo good! I have never liked snow cones very much, but these are delicious. They have so many flavors, and you can even get cream and/or ice cream with them. Amazing! Maybe this is not new to others, but I haven't had a snow cone since I was a little kid, and they sure did not have those options then. We even walked there one night last week, which was really fun. It was nice to feel like I was getting some excercise to cancel out my snowcone, even if my legs did feel like they were gonna give out by the time we made it home (it's at least a 40 minute round trip).

The last thing we did that I was super happy about this week was go back to the gym! I love this class, and have missed it.
Zumba is really one of the only ways I can work out and stay motivated. I tend to get pretty bored on the treadmill, bike, etc., and now that I've tried Zumba, other excercise classes pale in comparison. With all of the wedding craziness, I hadn't gone in over a month. It felt really good to go back.

Anyway, there are some of the highlights of our week!



3 comments:

Emily said...

Oh I watch "Man, Woman, Wild" at work, I think it's so funny. I saw the Amazon one and I feel bad for the poor wife, she seems like she just married a wilderness survival guy and is being dragged along.

Megan Hatch said...

Snow cones with ice cream are the BEST! And now I found your blog!! So fun! We are officially blogging friends! And I bet your crockpot dinner turned out great-- I put frozen stuff in all the time and it comes out magically delicious. :)

Mindy said...

I am so excited that you guys have a blog! I just know I am going to love Glee, but I want to save it for a time when I can really get into it and watch season 1 all at once. I'm surprised Willie likes it, though! And that wilderness show looks cool.

I am so jealous that you get to have shaved ice whenever you want! Can you believe they don't have a single shaved ice stand here!?!? We always say we should start one up, but I want to eat them, not sell them.