Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Changing Time

This month has been full of a lot of changes for Willie and I! A lot of my family and friends know that changes can be stressful for me. I used to be worse than I am now. Old roommates (ahem Jenna) will remember me getting a little sad at the end of each semester just because it meant something was ending and changing. Even classes that I wasn't too fond of...still sad they were ending. Weird, I know. I've gotten better about this throughout the years, and more able to look at change as a positive thing. But, they do still stress me out sometimes. Even when they are good.

That being said, these past few changes have been great ones! First off, Willie and I moved into our own place! Willie's parents were so nice to let us stay at their house for about a month and a half while we figured out where we were going to live. We finally decided (with a little help from Willie's brother and his wife :) ) to move to....Wymount!

Wymount is BYU's student family housing. I was a little hesitant, but I must admit I love it so far. I would love it if for only the fact that Willie and I now have our OWN APARTMENT! It is so exciting and fun!! That's not the only reason I love it, though. I am so excited to be living right by Robbie and Kelli! And, the apartment has a pretty good layout (even if it is lacking in storage space...and ac...and a dishwasher), and the few people that I have met in our ward so far seem nice. I'm pretty happy with our decision. Our apartment is still cluttered with a million boxes that I have banged up my poor feet on bunches of times, and is lacking majorly with some important things (like trash cans, shower curtains, silverware...little things like that). But, Willie's mom has spent a lot of time helping me decorate and unpack, and slowly but surely our little apartment is coming along. Overall, good change!

The second big change in my life is that I quit my job!! That was a pretty nerve-wracking decision for me. After one of Willie's family friends encouraged me at our wedding, I decided that I wanted to take classes this year so that I can hopefully participate in the Alternate Route to Licensure program to get certified to teach in Utah. Besides the fact that I wasn't a huge fan of my job at the time, I got home way late every night and had a huge commute. Taking classes and staying there seemed like it would be pretty hard.

So, I took a leap of faith (after lots of encouragement from my mom, Willie, and the lady in the main office at my work who I cried to about how much I wanted to quit one day...kind of embarrassing), and quit without a job lined up. AH! That was scary for me. But, everything has worked out great. My last day of my job was today, and I start my new job tomorrow at Odyssey Charter School! I worked there my first year out of college, and loved it. I will be working as an instructor in either a first grade or kindergarten classroom. I will be helping out in the classroom, and helping teach different small groups within the classroom. I'm a little nervous (please refer to paragraph one of this post), but am excited to start tomorrow!

I'm so happy with all of the changes that have taken place. It is nice to have things fall into place so well!

3 comments:

Karianne Salisbury said...

Yay Grace! I am so happy for you. Congrats on the new apartment and on the new job. I'm sooo glad that worked out. I'm kinda amazed at how many people I know who just quit their jobs with nothing lined up and have things work out pretty quickly. That is awesome. I'm sad I missed your message a while ago, buuut I'm sooo excited for you! Yay!

Jenna said...

You're are too cute Grace! I love the way you write, it's so fun to read. I hating writing (that includes typing) but you've motivated me to try to write better - like you! I'm so excited about all your changes, they sound great. No worries dear. Post pics of your apartment soon, I wanna see! Love ya!!!

Peggy Bulbulian said...

Go Gracie!!