Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Family in Town!

We have been so lucky to be able to have so much family in town lately! First, my parents and my grandma came to provo for Emily's graduation. We were so happy to be able to see Emily graduate and spend time with family. Doesn't she look great?! Go Emily!



After Emily's graduation my parents went to Mesquite to spend some time at their future retirement home. Last weekend Willie and I, and Joe and Emily, drove down to there to visit and celebrate Ron's birthday with them. It was such a fun trip! We arrived late Friday night. Saturday morning the men went golfing while the girls slept in, had breakfast, and watched The Next Food Network Star.


Ron's brother and his wife flew in for the day and we all had lunch together and visited when the guys got back from golfing. Later that night we did presents, and then went to the Tuachan in St. George to see Tarzan. It was so fun!!! I love going to plays, especially musicals. It was in this really cool outdoor theater and had cool special effects. One of the best was when the stage flooded when Tarzan's parents' ship got destroyed and they were floating through the wilderness. I was also thrilled to hear that they are going to put on The Little Mermaid next year. Yay! I really want to go.


One of the fun things about Tuachan is that after the play you can go meet the actors and take pictures with them. Willie, my mom, and I went around and met some of them.


This guy played Tarzan's best friend, Turk (Terk? I don't know).


These guys were really funny. They were extremely in character, and still acting like apes. They put both of our arms around them. After we took our pictures, I saw one of them chasing a little kid around and grunting.

A couple of days after our Mesquite trip, one of Willie's sister's, Marcie, flew into town for a couple of weeks! It's been so fun hanging out with her. And, she is here for a week and a half more. Yay! We love having family in town!! :)

No comments: