Saturday, February 19, 2011

Recent events have confirmed what I've long suspected. I have the best husband in the world! That's right, the whole world. Here he is:

(A recent-ish picture of Willie visiting with his Grandpa. I was going to crop it, but it's too cute!)


Does this man (Willie, not Grandpa) look like he needs to lose any weight? No. Because he does not. He is in great shape. I, on the other hand, have gained a at least ten pounds (on a good day) since I got married. And probably more like fifteen since I graduated college, a mere 3 1/2 years ago. This is upsetting to say the least.

I've tried eating better, going to the gym more...it's not working. Mostly because I don't do it. In steps husband of the year. I know he doesn't care and even really notice (at least he says) the weight gain, but he knows it is frustrating for me. So, Willie offered to do a diet with me!! It's called the 11 day diet. My sister, Alli, and her husband Aaron have done it, and I asked her to send it to me awhile ago. She did, and I've actually tried it twice already and failed. I don't think it's that hard, but I need some help sticking with it. So, Willie is going to do it with me so it's not so hard. He can encourage me to stick with it, and I won't have to watch him eating yummy food while I eat this diet's food. Supposedly I will lose 9 lbs in 11 days, which would be AWESOME. We went shopping for the stuff today, and will be starting Monday.

I'm hoping blogging and telling the world (or the ten people who read this) that I am doing it will make me hold myself more accountable, in addition to the fact that Willie is going to be eating a diet of chicken, eggs, and peanuts for 11 days to help me with it. Wish us luck!

4 comments:

Jenna said...

Awww, how sweet of Willie! You can do it Gracie, yes you can, if you can't do it, no one can! {That's me cheering for you} Love you girly.

PS I'm sure Willie is right about you looking no different :)

Mindy said...

Good luck! You'll have to tell us more about the diet if it works. 11 days seems doable, but I just filled my stomach with Chinese food, so things always seem "doable" when I'm full.

And you do still look the same. And Willie is the best!

Peggy Bulbulian said...

I always knew Will was the bestest ever for you -- I am the President of your Fan Club, and I wouldn't eat chicken, peanuts, and eggs for eleven days! Remember, the moment I first saw you Grace, you were the most beautiful thing I had ever seen in my life!!

Kevin+Ashley said...

Hey Grace!! thanks for leaving a comment on our blog...i've been viewing your blog for a few months :) I'm happy everything is going well with you! And for the record, i don't think you need to lose weight.