Sunday, October 30, 2011

Halloween Cruise

I love Halloween. I don't know if it's because it comes around my birthday (which was great and will maybe get it's own post later), because it signifies the start of the holiday season, or what it is but I like it. Last year we didn't do anything for Halloween, at all, and I was determined this year to do more. So, we found a good deal and went on a Halloween cruise!

It's not nearly as exciting as it sounds. It was not a cruise to the Carribean or Mexico, but rather down the Provo River. Pulled along by our "captain." He literally pulled our boat along by a rope that I guess was tied to some trees. We were attacked by a pirate on a canoe who told us Halloween jokes and gave us candy, and were treated to a recital of a spooky poem by our captain. There were jack-o'lanterns, some lights, and minimal decorations along the shoreline. Does it sounds cheesy? Well, it was! But I don't mind the cheese. In fact, I love it and my only complaint was that the captain and pirate did not stay in character the whole time. We had a great time!

The girls on the cruise

Boys picture take 1

And take 2

Our trusty captain


Some fun decorations



The girls warming up by the fire

All in all we had a fun time with some of our favorite people!

4 comments:

Ed and Amanda said...

Grace, I must say I was somewhat skeptical of the cheese factor but I loved it! It was so fun to do something out of the ordinary. I am so glad the six of us are friends :)

Kelli said...

It will be always be a great Halloween memory! I wouldn't be suprised if the boys tried to make their own Halloween cruise like they were talking about on the way home! Thanks for inviting us on this fun excursion!

Megan Hatch said...

Looks like fun!!

Sara said...

oh my gosh it sounds amazing!!! we miss you guys!!!!!! Hope everything is going well. We're going to be in Provo for Christmas with Spencers family so we will have to get together and have a game night :) love you guys