Monday, March 7, 2011

New Wreath

So, back in December I made this wreath:

It was so fun to make, and I loved having something to decorate our door! Supposedly I was going to be able to spray paint it different colors for each season/holiday/etc, but I put like 3 coats of the green on and it was starting to bubble, so I don't want to chance it. Besides, wouldn't it be more fun to make another, different kind?! I've been looking for awhile now, and can't decide! There are so many cute ideas out there. There are cute burlap ones, like this one:
I don't want it to be a St. Patrick's day one, so I would take out the Lucky banner thing, and change up the flower colors. Cute, huh?
Or, a girly, ruffly burlap one like this:

I think this is so pretty! I'm not sure about it going on the outside of our door, though. I've contemplated hanging it inside. I've seen how some people hang them inside their houses, but I don't know how or where I would put it. If I could figure it out, I think it'd be cute. Any suggestions?
The other kind of wreath that I'm really liking is yarn wreaths. I could do one like this, where it's a burlap-ish color yarn. Best of both worlds!

Or like this:


Or possibly one with a cute "M" in the middle, like this one:

I need help! What kind should I make? Since it's almost Spring, I would probably want to use some springy colors. Suggestions? Let me know what you think! :)

8 comments:

Megan Hatch said...

The ruffley one is super cute, and I love the yarn ones-- especially the burlap colored one. Those fabric flowers are adorable! You could hang the wreath over the door of your bedroom, or even a closet! You probably want it somewhere where you'll see it a lot. Maybe even on the backside of your front door. :) I'm loving your craft ideas!

Kelli said...

how cute!!! where do you get all of these ideas??? I want to make one with you. I like them all. I think I liked the yarn ones the best though. I like Megan's idea of putting on the inside part of your door.p

Mindy said...

Those are all so cute! My favorite is the ruffle one and the yarn ones, too. Great ideas! I can't wait to see what you decide!

Betsey Rhames said...

They're all cute, but I vote for the ruffly burlap one. I haven't seen one like that before. :)

Jenna said...

whoops, that last comment was me. I didn't realize my mom was signed in! :)

Peggy Bulbulian said...

How about the ruffley one with an M inside?

The Daytons said...

I love the ruffley one and I like your moms idea of doing the M inside of it. You know you could even hang it on the inside of your door. We are going to do that with a wreath like the green one you already made. Also, I do like the yarn wreath, it is way cute. I'm so inspired Gracie. What a crafter you have become. I want to make these projects too!

Marcie said...

What I cute idea, and so many options! I just saw a wreath that I really liked on a blog but I am kind of intimidated by it. I can't wait to see which one you do.