Saturday, December 4, 2010

The Perfect Friday Night

Last night Willie and I had low-key and completely perfect Friday night. I know Fridays are supposed to be filled with fun and exciting weekend activities...but I am so tired by Friday that half of the time I end up napping away our night. I get up at what I consider an extremely early hour for work (between 6 and 6:30 a.m.) every day, and just can't make myself go to bed early enough. I'm working on it.

Last night we started our Friday night with dinner at one of my favorite places.

I love the Pizza Factory! It's so good, and not too expensive. It has a lot of sentimental value for me, too. My roommate Jenna worked there in college, and she would bring us back food all the time, and we would go eat there often and enjoy the sweet dicount she could get us. Even after she didn't work there anymore we still went a lot. Lots of good times and memories at this place!

After dinner, we went to the Cocoa Bean Cupcake Cafe and got me (yes, just me. Willie doesn't like sweets much so it's always me ordering fatty sweet desserts alone) a frappe.

Yummmm! I had been wanting to try one of these for a little while and oh my was it delicious. It's made with all chocolate, not coffee. I got the mint truffle one. I already can't wait to go back! I brought it (well, half of it) home to drink while we watched this show:

So funny! Willie and I borrowed it from his old roommate this week and have been watching it a lot. At first we both thought it was really funny, then it went through a 3 or 4 episode lull. They were duds. Not funny. But, it's picked up and I'm a big fan again. Willie says he likes it now. Maybe not to the degree I do though, he's a tougher critic than me. But like I've said before, it is a rare thing for us to find a TV show we both like to watch, so I am pretty happy about this. It's hard to find middle ground between Bill O'Reilly and Glee.

So that was our Friday night. A little bit of fun out, good food, and a good show at home. The best!

2 comments:

Jenna said...

I MISS YOU! Sounds like a fun night. Wish I could have been there too. (Yes, intruding on your date!) The treat sounds delicious and Josh has been watching Modern Family lately. I just started watching with him and I like it too! A lot more than I thought I would. And I would eat desserts with you all the time, just sayin'... We need to live closer!!!

Peggy Bulbulian said...

Oh Gracie!!! It sounds like such a fun Friday night......Nannie and I just laughed over finding "the middle ground." You guys are the cutest!!